Tuesday 21 October 2014

High Tea at Hadley's & Brunch at The Picnic Basket

Yet again an action and food filled weekend, so enjoyable! 

Saturday afternoon was High Tea at Hadley's for Miss W's bridal shower.
It's been too long since afternoon tea was enjoyed and Hadley's is one of my favourite spots in Hobart to enjoy the luxury of a long, delicious tea.
I have to admit that Hadley's isn't at the top of my list based on the venue, I'm quite partial to Point Revolving Restaurant at Wrest Point but one thing Hadley's does have going for it is the food.
Everything was delicious from the sandwiches to the mini pastries to the classic scones, and the tea selection was splendid. I really appreciated the choice of teas along with the option of iced versions.

Sunday was my zen morning starting with brunch joined by the family at The Picnic Basket, a venue I've been itching to try. I wasn't disappointed. Actually, I loved it!

The inside is beautifully decorated. It's like something out of a book.
Little nooks are filled with books and handmade goodies.

 
 And the shelves are lined with mouth watering pastries and treats.

As well as an eatery PB is a farm shop selling fresh bread, veggies and pantry staples to keep you stocked up in between shopping. It's the whole package!

The ladies ordered Brioche French toast with caramalised bananas and for me it was everything I wanted on a Sunday morning.
 D opted for classic poached eggs and bacon on sourdough and R had the delicious  looking Brioche Sticky Bun. 

If you have a hankering for awesome food and the most gorgeous, unique setting opt for The Picnic Basket. Personally, I can't wait for my second sitting. If only Hobart didn't have a zillion (actual number) other places for me to try, oh, what a hard life!

To work off the huge brekkie we decided to do the Alum Cliffs track. There are several starting spots, all in Taroona and the track goes along the cliffs to Kingston Beach. 
 
With views like this it's so beautiful, serene and totally enjoyable.

It's takes around an hour and a half to get to the pristine shores of Kingston beach.

We had planned ahead and parked a car at both the Taroona and the Kingston Beach ends of the track. However, you could turn back and head back to Taroona for one of these doughnuts.....it did cross my mind.

Find the information for Alum Cliffs Track here! 
Have you guys had an awesome brunch/meal recently?

And is anyone going to Hobart Show? I've never been before but don't think I will make it. Can you pick me up a show bag please?! 

I'll leave you with a snippet of wisdom from The Picnic Basket. 
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
The Picnic Basket on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment